Friday, February 6, 2015

Linnea's room


I started and finished a sewing project 2 weekends ago. It was single digits out and we were cozy here at home. The kids wanted to sew too and I let them do what they pleased with the scraps. Every time I got up to iron, one of them sat down at my machine to sewing something.  It was pretty fun.

Here are 2 lousy iphone photos of some their projects:



Here is my project, a wall pocket quilt:

It only took two afternoons to complete, but it has taken me a week and a half to post any pictures!  It felt wonderful to get out my forgotten fabrics and make something again.  I have a stack of other projects to work on next and I am excited about them all. I have quilt tops finished for the boys' beds and a quilt top started for Linnea's bed. I am eager to get those done and on their beds for them.

Meanwhile, here are a few photos of Linnea's room.  I like her room and so does she.  We still have curtains to hang, she kind of needs a dresser and maybe a bigger rug, but for now, the room is quite comfortable.







No comments:

Post a Comment